Theale Film Club & Membership – 2019
Theale Film Club shows a range of popular films monthly at Theale Village Hall. We use a High Definition wide screen projector projecting onto a cinema screen all with complete surround sound.
We started in 2014 and have more than 60 members to date. Annual membership to see all our films shown in Theale Village Hall in 2019 is a single fee for the year of £16 per person (which hasn’t changed for 3 years now!). To see at least 12 films during the year that’s really good value! It’s also a chance to socialise with other film-goers from the village!
As we go through the year, the membership fee to 31st December reduces pro-rata quarterly. So join between July and August and the fee is £8, join after September and the fee becomes £4, or you can join between September and December by paying your next year’s membership (and get 3 months free!)
As a Member, there’s no money to pay at the door nor do you have to book. Non members can still see our films but have to pay £4 per person at the door for temporary day membership for individual films.
To join Theale film Club (or renew for 2019) simply fill out this online form or call Membership Secretary Phil Butterworth on 712775 and send £16 per person by either:
- Paying online from your bank Account to Theale Film Club LLoyds Bank 30-98-28 00017872, quoting your surname(s)
- Sending a cheque made payable to Theale Amateur Recreational & Theatrical Society for the amount due, to Phil Butterworth, Bennetts Cottage, Latcham, Wedmore BS28 4SD
Once you’ve signed up we’ll confirm your membership.
We’re planning the following films:
- September 22nd – “Stan & Ollie”
- the story of 2 very famous comedians who set out to reconnect with their adoring fans by touring variety halls in Britain in 1953, starring Steve Coogan & John C Reilly
- October 20th – “The Escape”
- starring Gemma Arterton & Dominic Cooper
- November 17th – “They shall not grow old” –
- Director Peter Jackson’s (“Lord of the rings “) assemblage of restored footage — colored and rendered in 3D, with added sound effects, voices, and narration — is an astonishing achievement, a distillation of war itself and perfect for Remembrance Sunday
- December 15th – “White Christmas”, starring Bing Crosby,
Bring your own drinks to each film night and we also sell delicious chocolate lollies for only 50p on the night during the interval and you can also get free pop-corn!!
Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you in 2019!